> So if you can save yourself the trouble, by installing Tomcat in some
> pathname which makes

Yes, we can deploy in C:\TC7 or /opt/TC7 instead of "C:\Program
Files\blahbla" or "/opt/apache/tomcat 7.0.23".

But, especially on Windows, where all applications live in "C:\Program
Files", this is disruptive for admin people. This is also surprising for
dev / architects because the default Tomcat installer deploys within
"C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation": spaces everywhere.

Reading answers to my mail, I understand this looks like a lost battle.

=> Do you think I should fill a bug, at least to help the next ones who
will encounter the same problem?

Thank you everybody.