> Please. And include the steps you are using to configure Ant as the
> compiler in case there is something odd there.

@mark: do you think the description below is concise enough ?

Erik

- Download apache-ant-1.8.2-bin.tar.gz
- Extract to any temp directory
- Copy apache-ant-1.8.2/lib/ant.jar +
apache-ant-1.8.2/lib/ant-launcher.jar to <TC>/lib
- Forget ant (extracted directory can be deleted)
- Copy JDK lib/tools.jar to <TC>/lib (mandatory when fork=false, see below)
- Update original web.xml this way (starting at line 230):
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>fork</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>xpoweredBy</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>compiler</param-name>
            <param-value>javac1.6</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>suppressSmap</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
- Delete <TC>/work to be sure not to run with any previous compilation
results
- Run tomcat with startup.sh
- Go to http://localhost:8080
- When TC home dir absolute pathname contains a space, it fails as
described by my first mail.

That's it.