On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM, André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com> wrote:

> Geet Chandra wrote:
>
>> Version of Tomcat is 6.0.035 As <http://6.0.035.As> Tomcat is being
>> shipped
>>
>> with product developed, we are providing command line utility,using the
>> same utility users are of product allow to change the configurable
>> parameters as per application type deployed in tomcat.We are using
>> <utiltity>.vbs as mentioned utility implementation file.Also we are
>> registering tomcat as windows service while product is being installed and
>> command to start tomcat as "cmd.exe /c net start tomcat ".Hoping everyone
>> understood my requirements.
>>
>>  Not really. I think one would need Pid's crystall ball to really
> understand the first part of your message above.  Let me try to dissect it
> however :
>

> > Version of Tomcat is 6.0.035
> Ok, let's say.
>
> As <http://6.0.035.As>
> Huh ?
>

>  Tomcat is being shipped
> > with product developed,
> I think I got that.
>

> > we are providing command line utility,using the
> > same utility users are of product allow to change the configurable
> > parameters as per application type deployed in tomcat.We are using
> > <utiltity>.vbs as mentioned utility implementation file.
>
> Not quite sure I understand what you're talking about here.
> But I gather that you are somehow shipping Tomcat together with some
> unspecified application and some cutely-named script described in some file.
> And that this is under Windows..
> -Yes...you have guessed it correctly.... I am using company owned tool to
> generate separate*.msi packages   one for tomcat bits and another for bits
> for unspecified application.
>
> > Also we are
> > registering tomcat as windows service while product is being installed
>
> Ah. And how exactly are you doing this ?
> - As we are providing our application and tomcat as *.msi packages, we do
> include custom script to register tomcat6.exe in *.msi as postinstall task.

> First, you'd have to tell us /which/ Tomcat package, downloaded from
> where, you are shipping, and how you do this installation.
> Then you'd have to tell us which Java JVM you are also installing
> (presumably).
> And then, tell us /how/ you are doing the registration of Tomcat as a
> Windows Service.
> - I downloaded tomcat bits from  http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi,
> using Oracle Java.

   Here is code snippet for registering as Windows service
"%EXECUTABLE%" //IS//%SERVICE_NAME% --Install="C:\Program
Files\<ProductName>\non<Product>\tomcat\b\bin\tomcat6.exe" --Jvm=auto
--StartMode=jvm --StopMode=jvm
--StartClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap --StartParams=start
--StopClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap --StopParams=stop
The above code snippet is run as *.bat and being invoked from *.msi

> > and
> > command to start tomcat as "cmd.exe /c net start tomcat ".
> - As utility.vbs is being included in tomcat package(*.msi) , once tomcat
>  is installed on system, this utility.vbs is placed in
> "C:\Program Files\<ProductName>\non<Product>\tomcat\b\bin\" folder.

   Here is snippet for utility.vbs as
  - WSH_Shell.Run("cmd.exe /c net " & "stop"  &
&chr(34)&Servicename&chr(34),0,True)

 So my question is there way to configure mentioned parameters before
starting tomcat as Windows service.