2012/5/22 Vadzim Mikhalenak <vadzim.mikhale...@gmail.com>:
> Hello  Christopher,
> *
> Thank you for the reply! Yes, link
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/monitoring.html is for version 5.5
> but we are migrating from version 6 (sorry for the confusion) but the
> configuration above was valid for version 6

It works (or at least tries to start, to my surprise) in Tomcat 6 with
this particular AJP/1.3 connector implementation, but it is not
documented and not supported.  Other connectors do not support those
attributes and this one was removed from Tomcat 7.

Tomcat 6 and 7 use JMX support provided by JRE and if you need http
access to it, the common way is to use "JMXProxy" servlet that is part
of the manager webapp.

It is all is documented
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/monitoring.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Using_the_JMX_Proxy_Servlet

or see the same docs for Tomcat 7.

>  <Connector port="${AJP.PORT}"
>            handler.list="mx"
>            mx.enabled="true"
>            mx.httpHost="${JMX.HOST}"
>            mx.httpPort="${JMX.PORT}"
>            protocol="AJP/1.3" />
>

> *
> *
> and gave us opportunity to manage JMX beans using  http://
> ${JMX.HOST}:${JMX.PORT} (please see
> http://logback.qos.ch/manual/images/chapters/jmxConfigurator/mx4j_jetty.gif
> )
> In version 7 I couldn't see any possibility to do it.
> I've noticed that in Connector class of version 6
> if ("AJP/1.3".equals(protocol)) {
>                setProtocolHandlerClassName
>                    ("org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler");
>
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler used JkMain which used JkMX where
> HttpAdapter from mx4j-tool.jar was used.
>
> but in version 7
> else if ("AJP/1.3".equals(protocol)) {
>                setProtocolHandlerClassName
>                    ("org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol");
>

> So do we have possibility to manage JMX beans in version 7 as we could in
> version 6? (please see
> http://logback.qos.ch/manual/images/chapters/jmxConfigurator/mx4j_jetty.gif
>  )

Please
1. Post your response below the text that you are replying to (aka "do
not top-post")
2. Do not cross-post questions between users@ and dev@ lists.

This one belongs to users@.

Best regards,