On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> 2012/5/22 Vadzim Mikhalenak <vadzim.mikhale...@gmail.com>:
> > Hello  Christopher,
> > *
> > Thank you for the reply! Yes, link
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/monitoring.html is for version
> 5.5
> > but we are migrating from version 6 (sorry for the confusion) but the
> > configuration above was valid for version 6
> >

> It works (or at least tries to start, to my surprise) in Tomcat 6 with
> this particular AJP/1.3 connector implementation, but it is not
> documented and not supported.  Other connectors do not support those
> attributes and this one was removed from Tomcat 7.
>
> Tomcat 6 and 7 use JMX support provided by JRE and if you need http
> access to it, the common way is to use "JMXProxy" servlet that is part
> of the manager webapp.
>
> It is all is documented
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/monitoring.html
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Using_the_JMX_Proxy_Servlet
>
> or see the same docs for Tomcat 7.
>

> >  <Connector port="${AJP.PORT}"
> >            handler.list="mx"
> >            mx.enabled="true"
> >            mx.httpHost="${JMX.HOST}"
> >            mx.httpPort="${JMX.PORT}"
> >            protocol="AJP/1.3" />
> >

> > *
> > *
> > and gave us opportunity to manage JMX beans using  http://
> > ${JMX.HOST}:${JMX.PORT} (please see
> >
> http://logback.qos.ch/manual/images/chapters/jmxConfigurator/mx4j_jetty.gif
> > )
> > In version 7 I couldn't see any possibility to do it.
> > I've noticed that in Connector class of version 6
> > if ("AJP/1.3".equals(protocol)) {
> >                setProtocolHandlerClassName
> >                    ("org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler");
> >
> > org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler used JkMain which used JkMX where
> > HttpAdapter from mx4j-tool.jar was used.
> >
> > but in version 7
> > else if ("AJP/1.3".equals(protocol)) {
> >                setProtocolHandlerClassName
> >                    ("org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol");
> >

> > So do we have possibility to manage JMX beans in version 7 as we could in
> > version 6? (please see
> >
> http://logback.qos.ch/manual/images/chapters/jmxConfigurator/mx4j_jetty.gif
> >  )
> >

> Please
> 1. Post your response below the text that you are replying to (aka "do
> not top-post")
> 2. Do not cross-post questions between users@ and dev@ lists.
>
> This one belongs to users@.
>
> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

> Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I know about JMX Proxy Servlet but it was more preferable to use MX4J page
and I thought there is simple way to configure it (as it was configured in
6 version).
I'll be looking for solution to get mx4j page working.
Thanks again for your help!
Sorry for the trouble.

Best regards,
Vadim.