Eelco Hillenius wrote:

>> If need be, can we disable altogether the storage of pages (in the form
>> of a
>> pageMap) in session, similarly on the disk ?
>
> Yep. One easy way to achieve this is to provide a dummy page store.

My question regarding on-disk page storage relates to the use case of a
web-app deployed on a cluster. In this situation, what will happen if the
following occurs?

1. A user logs in to the wicket app, is directed to node1 by the load
balancer
2. The user stays on node1 for a few requests and uses page1 a few times,
    causing some older versions to be serialized to the disk on node1
3. The user then gets redirected to node2 by the load balancer and uses
page1 once more
4. Now the silly user presses the back button, over and over.

Is the page storage on node1 is replicated to other nodes? If not, what is
the behavior of Wicket running on node2?

What is the recommended deployment model to support back-button usage via
undoable changes and disk-based serialized storage with Wicket? Is it only
possible using a load balancer configured to be "sticky" (keep sessions on
the same node during the lifetime of the session)?

Thanks,

    - Lu