round-robin has a couple of disadvantages over sticky sessons:

a) you need to replicate state to all nodes - a lot of traffic
although with a fiber backplane its most likely not an issue. with
sticky sessions you only have to replicate to one or two other nodes
which act as backup buddies.

b) you cannot take advantage of data locality. each node can keep its
own cache which over a span of a session gets more attuned to what the
users on that node are doing, if you use round robin then you lose out
on that.

-igor