On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Maurice Marrink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How well did you test this?

Only whipped it up very quickly (based on obviously wrong assumptions :).

>  Because i think the biggest problem here is that the
>  IComponentInstantiationListener is invoked in the constructor of
>  Component and thus before any childclass constructor has run.

Oooooh!  Nasty.  I thought you guys were somehow waiting until the
Component was fully instantiated for this notification to occur.  If
that's not true, then my method won't work either.  Can we beef up the
IComponentInstantiationListener notification mechanism somehow?  Is
there some hook in the request cycle that we can use to call the
IComponentInstantiationListeners on all Components that have been
instantiated?  Of course, this notification could then, in turn,
create more components.  Yuck, this is quite an ugly problem.  I guess
the Components that are instantiated can append themselves to the
queue which is being processed by all of the instantiation listeners?