On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Johan Compagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> if the scanning of the classpath is expensive (i guess all classes are
> loaded that are scanned..)

Hi,

I guess you haven't read the docs completely :-)

It says: "Note that Spring does not load the class to determine this
information. Instead, it uses a meta-data reader to determine this (which is
faster than going through class loading)." and also: "The class path
scanning is very efficient by itself and limiting the search only makes it
faster."

regards,
Maarten