if the scanning of the classpath is expensive (i guess all classes are
loaded that are scanned..)
cant there be an option that the scanning is only done once?
When you create the jar so with maven/ant?
When creating the jar you are scanning everything and create a manifest
entries of all the packages.
those manifest entries are then read in when the jar is in the classpath

johan