There is one thing that helped me quite a lot when migration the
project I'm working out. I've created GenericPanel,
GenericWebMarkupContainer and GenericFragment classes. In most cases
the only change was renaming Panel<MyClass> to GenericPanel<MyClass>.

I was wondering, even though those classes were farily simple, we
might want to include them in Wicket anyway, for the sake of
consistency and convenience.

-Matej