It's not the pages that have these files. Let's say I have a page that
uses jquery and a textfield with a button that toggles tinymce.

If we do what you say then there are two possible files: jquery and
jquery+tinymce.

Than let's say I add Ajax to the page, now there are 6 possibilities
depending on which components are currently on the page.

IMHO much cheaper to just cache jquery, tinymce, wicket-Ajax individually.

-Igor