this was one little use case i wanted at the outset.
it should be easy to make things pretty.

but i think i might take a different approach now.
before, i was thinking along the lines of this:

new RoundedPanel(...)

but these days i wonder if it might not be smarter
to have a behavior you could mix into any component:

component.add(new RoundedCorners(...))

or

component.add(new DropShadow(...))

you could even use visitChildren() to add a drop shadow
to a given class of components on a page...