The liquidcanvas seems to be working fine on Safari 3.2.1. I'm all for a jQuery plugin as they generally seems to be more cross browser compatible.

There is also jQuery corners:
http://www.atblabs.com/jquery.corners.html

or the simple CSS you can apply yourself.

.roundedThing {
        -moz-border-radius: 5px;
        -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
}

however that may not be 100% across all browsers.

And yeah this is mixing style with code if you have it in a Wicket library.

cheers,
Steve