Nested tree and tree table seems promicing.

What I missed in your example is single-selection mode, and sortable headers
with filters.

One of my the upcoming tasks is to build a selector component that knows
whether the object is hierarchical and puts inside a datatable with
navigator or treetable. Since wicket-extentions project has completely
incompatible components in this regard my component that unifies both looks
pretty complex to do. Your treetable components seems to be more close to
datable so it definitely might come in handy.

When are you going to finalize the component contract (api)?