On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Vladimir K<koval...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Matej Knopp-2 wrote:
>>
>> Modal Window is an ajax component. Submitting it with regular submit
>> is not supported and it never was.
>>

> But I would like to have AjaxFallbackModalWindow that survives page refresh.
> Why not author my own if the aims are different? Probably requirements we
> have are far from being accepted as common.
Of course you can. There's nothing wrong with that.

>> Again, modal window doesn't support regular submits (by design) so if
>> you want to do file upload you'll have to use a hidden iframe or some
>> other approach like that.
>>

> IMO, Iframe is not an approach it is a work around the limitation (made by
> design) :)
Yes. But from the beginning Modal Window was designed as Ajax Component.

>> I just looked at jquery dialog example. The dialog is declared in
>> markup but it is then reparented as top level DOM element. Same thing
>> wicket modalwindow does.
>>

> What is especial in my case is that the page height is limited by the window
> height and contains a srollable div within. Taking into account that the
> browsers we support works well with fixed positioning and assuming that the
> following excerpt works:
>

>> Fixed positioning is a special case of absolute positioning. For fixed
>> elements, the containing block is always taken to be the viewport of the
>> browser window.
This is true. Unfortunately it doesn't apply to IE6 which doesn't
support position:fixed. Modal Window was written couple of years ago
when IE6 position was quite strong, however even now we can't afford
to ignore it. Unfortunately.

> It seems to be pretty doable. But it needs investigation. I haven't tried
> yet.
Position:fixed will work in your case if you can afford to ignore IE6.
But it's not something we can do in wicket extensions.

>>>Anyway it is possible to do what the modal.js is doing by Wicket means and
>>>don't have a component tree mismatch with DOM.
>>
>> Is it really? Mind sharing with me how?
>>

> In case if the position:fixed does not help I would subclass a Form and make
> it a container of ModalWindows. Then by placing the
> modal-window-container-form at the body level I would acquire a new
> ModalWindow from the container. Does it make sense?

So the ModalWindow would have to be added to the container (which I
assume would have to be added to the page itself)? That's rather
limiting.

-Matej