On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:19 AM, Olivier
Bourgeois<olivier.bourgeois....@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's exactly what I said : I had to use XML properties files to have
> UTF-8 localized properties.
>
> You can't use simple properties format because Java can't handle
> natively anything else than ISO. We use also Tapestry here, and you
> can use UTF-8 properties files (thanks to the wrapper around native
> Java properties).

Ah, right. Well reading is an art :-)

It's been a while, but I think I considered 'fixing' or otherwise
supporting loading in regular properties files through UTF-8, but
decided against it because it would be non-standard even in newer JDK
versions, and the newer JDKs already had a solution for reading
properties in UTF-8 with xml files.

But I'm sure you can write a properties implementation that reads from
UTF-8 in a few hours max, especially now that you have an example in
Tapestry's code. Patch is welcome :-)

Eelco