Thanks for that Zoltan.

Looks like it's worth a bit more digging into the css. I had already played
with the z-index but that had no effect. There must be something coming from
further up the structure tree that is causing it (only in IE, fine in
FireFox).

I might subclass the DatePicker in order to wrap it in an outer span like
you've shown here to see if that has any effect.

Thanks again

John