When I wrote: "it is possible to create a web-application quickly and cleanly", I meant to say that was possible to create a web-application quickly and cleanly *with* *Wicket*.

Ceki Gulcu wrote:

I started working with Wicket just a week ago in order to develop a
junit extension for integration testing called Mistletoe. See
http://mistletoe.qos.ch for details.

Mistletoe's design imposes a strict separation between the data-model
layer and the presentation layer. I am mentioning this because after
designing the data-later, I started writing the presentation layer
using Wicket. It's was a very pleasant experience. Wicket just clicked
in my mind. By the way, wicket encouraged me to re-design my
data-model slightly and I am quite happy with the results. *After* the
wicket implementation, I did a simpler implementation of the
presentation later using servlets (without any .jsp files).  Given the
experience of the wicket-based implementation, the servlet-based
version was pretty straightforward, thanks to wicket's component-based
architecture.

For small projects, I now know for certain that it is possible to
create a web-application quickly and cleanly. I do not have experience
with larger projects.

Dave B wrote:
Hi,

I'm in the process of evaluating Wicket (after an arduous JSF project,
that has made us re-evaluate our web platform.)

I've read Wicket in Action and whole bunch of blog and mailing list
posts, done some proof-of-concept work and am now interested in
reading source code from a project using Wicket, since I want to see
Wicket in the wild. I know Artifactory uses Wicket, but their
Subversion access instructions seem to be out of date.

Does anyone know of an open source project using Wicket, so that I can
peruse the source code?

Many thanks,
Dave

--