On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 7:51 PM, <sudhir543-...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ajax with wicket is easy.. if you do it the wicket way..  But integration
> with other engines isnt going to be easy.

IMHO integration with other engines is actually quite easy, and certainly
far easier than other frameworks, see this:

http://ptrthomas.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/wicket-tutorial-yui-autocomplete-using-json-and-ajax/

- Ajax
> Wicket offers no stateless ajax and often changes HTML id, which makes
> harder to integrate with a 3rd party ajax framework. Is there any hope for
> constructor change?

I haven't found this a problem in practice, maybe a smarter use of
getMarkupId() is the answer.  BTW someone wrote a patch [1] to have stable
markup id-s, it was discussed on the list recently [2]:

[1]
http://blogs.onehippo.org/arthur/2009/02/hippoecm_integration_testing_w.html
[2]
http://old.nabble.com/Hippo%27s-patch-for-wicket-ids-ts25901638.html#a25901638