On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:20 AM,  <sudhir543-...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, from my little experience, I just started learning it [Because I feel it
> has some thing different to offer]
>
>>orly? so what about integrations with hibernate, jdo, jpa, spring,
> guice, cdi, etc? i guess all those things are a figment of my
> imagination.
>
> As I said it takes comparatively(to some others) more efforts.
> If I talk about spring, using spring with wicket needs special care, one will
> have to take care that he > does not serialize entire containers.

that is taken care for you by the framework. all you have to do is
install the component injector (1 line of code) and use @SpringBean
annotations in your pages to inject your dependencies. show me a
framework that makes this easier...

>I haven't  tried to use hibernate yet (just playing with inmemories) but I
>think that I will have to  create LoadableDetachable model of most of my
>entities (plz correct me if I am wrong)

LDMs have nothing to do with integration with other frameworks but how
you want to manage state. in some cases it makes sense not to use LDMs
for hibernate entities.

-igor