>class Page extends .... Page {
>
>abstract Component getPart1();
>abstract Component getPart2();
>}

><wicket:child />

That's the component based workaround that I mentioned which IMHO isn't
really the pure markup OO solution we're proposing. I'm hoping for true
markup inheritance that supports multiple overridable sections that
doesn't mandate a Java side coding change each time a markup editor adds
or removes a particular overridable section.

>On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Chris Colman
><chr...@stepaheadsoftware.com>wrote:
>
>> >Search the list for this and you'll find some quite long
discussions.
>> >Basically, it's not going to happen. This would be multiple
>> inheritance,
>> >not single.
>>
>> Hi Jeremy, I hope I don't sound confrontationalist when I say this
but
>> this is clearly not a case of multiple inheritance.
>>
>> For this request to be deemed to be multiple inheritance one
>> class/markup file would need to be inheriting from two separate super
>> classes/markup files. That is not what is requested here. There
remains
>> only a single super class/markup file.
>>
>> All that is requested here is for multiple markup sections to be
>> overridden in this single inheritance scenario - just like Java does
not
>> restrict you to overriding only a single method in any Java class:
You