Hi,

I also agree with Martin's points. Having no css-class on the span is the
best solution from my point of view too.
A little concern however. I think this kind of change is not exactly
"backward compatible". Sure, it is, for the java side, but I figure that
*many* users have wrote their own CSS for feedback panels and this will
probably results to bad display with this change. So, I am wondering if
this change will be considered as an "API break"? If yes, will you apply it
also to 1.5.x (the original demand)? And, if the new version numbering
system in place applies to 1.5.x, does that means that it should be 1.6.0?
You see what I mean... it could lead to some misunderstanding!..

Also I like Sven's suggestion, but I am afraid that it will overlap with
#newMessageDisplayComponent(). As ListItem IS-A WebMarkupContainer, we
could do any customization from here. But, in this case (there is a new
#newMessageItem() method), the span element is not needed anymore and
therefore #newMessageDisplayComponent() neither. So, about the API break,
we are in situation :)

Thanks & best regards,
Sebastien.