Hi Pieter,

Yes, wicket is embedding jquery core library. If you include another jquery
core well yes, you will probably get into troubles.

If you really want to do that, you can specify your own jQuery core library
version, in Wicket Application#init():

IJavaScriptLibrarySettings settings = getJavaScriptLibrarySettings();
settings.setJQueryReference(new MyJQueryReference());

About conflicts with existing Wicket / jQuery UI implementation, that's the
same, only one jQuery UI library version should be loaded at a time.
In wicket-jquery-ui, you can change or remove the shipped library in the
same way:

IJQueryLibrarySettings settings = new JQueryLibrarySettings();

settings.setJQueryReference(new MyJQueryReference()); // (jquery core, same
code as above)
settings.setJQueryUIReference(new
JQueryPluginResourceReference(MyApplication.class,
"jquery-ui-x.x.x.min.js")); //new jquery ui version
or
settings.setJQueryUIReference(null) //removes jquery ui library

this.setJavaScriptLibrarySettings(settings);

Hope this helps,
Sebastien.