Hello. I finally have time and little resource to experiment with XWiki.
Meanwhile, I have installed a new version of XWiki Enterprise: 1.8.17790

I try with the suggest of Sergiu.
I made two page, one for a "To do" template and one for "Project" template.
Then I made the "redirect" page, starting from an empty page and pasting the
code that Sergiu wrote:
$response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL($request.documentName, 'edit',
"template=${request.templateName}"))

The problem is that when I select "Save & View" the wiki tell me "This
document already exist"

I don't undertand where is the problem.

Thank you
Roberto

Sergiu Dumitriu-2 wrote:

> roberto colferai wrote:
>>

>> Sergiu Dumitriu-2 wrote:
>>> We're planning to do something like this in the future by default, but
>>> not very soon.
>>>
>>> A way to implement this now is to:
>>> - create the templates as wiki documents
>>> - create a redirector page that accepts two URL parameters, document
>>> name and template name, and does a redirect with:
>>> $response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL($request.documentName, 'edit',
>>> "template=${request.templateName}"))
>>> - create a panel with a text input field for the document name and a
>>> select (drop down) list for choosing from the templates, which submits
>>> these fields to the redirector page from above
>>>
>>> The above redirect works like this:
>>> - 'edit' will display the document in edit mode (works well for
>>> unstructured wiki documents); you can use 'inline' for structured
>>> (form-based) documents.
>>> - the "template=" parameter instructs the wiki to use another document
>>> as a template for the edited document.
>>>
>> Sergiu, thank you for your answer and for your speed!
>> I have IT experienc from twenty years ago but only in mainframe host
>> system
>> (ibm-cobol-db2) and I have some difficult to understand completely how
>> you
>> tell.
>> I try to show you if I understand.
>> 1) create the templates making one wiki-page for every templates (es. pag
>> template1, template2 etc)
>> 2) create a redirect page that, I think, every users never see but works
>> "hide". How can I make it? How can I make a page that accepts two URL
>> parameters?
>> 3) create a panel (Is like create a page? I think no but I don't know
>> exatly
>> what is panel in this world). Is possibile make it with normal edit-mode
>> or
>> is an activity for developer? In this case what kind of skill I must
>> find?
>> Java programmer is enough?
>
> --
> Sergiu Dumitriu