On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:38, Valdis Vītoliņš <valdis.vitol...@odo.lv> wrote:
> I can share my experience as localizer for Xwiki in Latvian.
>
>> Hi,
>> some texts used in the login dialog are neither in
>> ApplicationResources_de.properties nor in ApplicationResources.properties
>> nor in i10n.xwiki.org. And using i10n.xwiki.org is very ugly and
>> inefficient. You can drink a cup of coffee after sending a request
>
> First few thousand of lines I translated offline using resource file and
> it was imported by Ludovic Dubost.

Yes that's what is explained on
http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/L10N/AddALanguage

> Further improvements/additions I do online. Provided search was not good
> enough for me, so I helped to improve it.
> Actually I'd like to change it once more because for me searching by
> (poorly) translated text, not the key is more usual. What do you think?

Yes good idea. I could easily do a extended search form I guess like:

o search in translated
o search in original
o search in key

> To solve issue that site is quite slow, it should be investigated about
> caching possibilities, or import/export tool would be nice, but somebody

There is a lot of caching, if you load a page once then it's
refreshing instantly after. Now when you modify something the caches
that can be changed by the modification made are cleaned and so take
so time to reconstruct the stats tables. We could improve that by
modifying the cache instead of cleaning it but it's more work.

> needs to develop it.
> Though, if so many people can live with Windows, i10n.xwiki.org is not
> the worst one, which teaches us to manage our time with computer
> accordingly ;-)
>
>> The following text is part of the login dialog
>> key:remembermeonthiscomp found in i10n, ApplicationResources(de,default)
>> Text:Auf diesem Computer angemeldet bleiben
>>
>> However, there are translated texts like "Forgot your username?". Obviously
>> they are not used at this place.
>> it seems on the long run I have to check the code directly.
>
> Currently not all labels are made to use external resources, but it is
> changing incrementally.
>
> Valdis

Thomas Mortagne