On collaboration, but more an "enterprise" feature, I know a use-case for us
would be to be able to do full round-tripping between DITA documents and
XWiki markup. For now we could only found something for a concurrent wiki

The idea would be to elaborate and model documents with DITA, use XWiki to
publish them widely, allow end-users to perform comments/annotations on
published documents. At best document writers could even update things
directly in XWiki and revert back to DITA (don't know if it's possible).
XWiki would be a good tool to do that in my opinion, with possibility to use
objects to recreate DITA structures in wiki pages, and maybe use REST to
grab modifications and revert back to DITA.

Also I think an idea could be to propose something close to workspaces, but
extended for documentation collaboration. For example create a workspace
from a template, with pages for TOC generation, contributions summary,
buttons to create new chapters/pages/toc pages, assign them to users (like
todo tasks), pages for reporting on annotations/comments, links for
PDF/ODT/WORD exports, statistics about number of words/sentences and
evolution other days ...

Last things could also be very simple "ergonomic" features, like adding the
number of received messages in activity stream right to the "network" or
"profile" link (in top-right corner), like is usually done in social
networks UIs.