DITA seems very rich in terms of tags. What I also find a bit complex is
that it looks like HTML, it uses some HTML tags, but it does not seem fully
html compliant.

I think macros could work but probably only for a subset of tags.

Using macros you can do

{{macroname
param1="param1value" param2="param2value" param3="param3value"}}content that
can have more macros{{/macroname}}

There is quite a lot that can be done with the params. It is possible to
have close to anything in the param values.

As for annotations, maybe Anca can help about what can receive annotation
and what not.

Ludovic

2011/10/19 jerem <jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com>

> > Do you have an example of a DITA document.
>
> I have some we use here, but if I strip any confidential info from them
> only
> the tags will remain :D
>
> I found something more exhaustive from the specs (1.0) about what can be
> put
> in the body of a topic:
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.0/langspec/body.html
>
> The "contains" part gives a good idea of the tags that can be managed. Of
> course the complete dita spec contains much more tags.
>
> Macros are a good idea but maybe problem is that (as far as I remember) you
> cannot annotate the content of a macro (can you ?).
> Well, I believe I'd need to think about it.

Ludovic Dubost
Founder and CEO
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com