I'm not so positive about this. The technology behind the LibreOffice Online
version is a bit tricky and it's not clear how it will work effectively.
We should wait and see.

Some thing for Wave, it's not clear how it will be developped in the future
and it seems that the Google experience had shown that the way they mixed
Inbox + Editing Documents + Chat was not the correct solution (beyond the
real time technology in it).

In any case integrating editors for advanced formats is definitively
interesting and is something we should look at.  We have the Resilience
Research Project (starting in 2012) on which it is planned to work on Rich
Web Editors. More on it will come before the end of the year. It will
include work on Spreadsheet editors. If anybody knows of good Web based
editors for popular formats that we should look at, tell us.

As for real-time this is very interesting also. We have the Wiki 3.0 project
(https://wiki30.xwikisas.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome in French) where
XWiki SAS is doing some work with the INRIA LORIA on integrating real time
in the Wysiwyg editor (with technologies similar to Wave). This is work in
progress.

I'd love to hear from our devs and users what they think we should have in
this area ?

Ludovic

Ludovic Dubost
Founder and CEO