> Do you have an example of a DITA document.

I have some we use here, but if I strip any confidential info from them only
the tags will remain :D

I found something more exhaustive from the specs (1.0) about what can be put
in the body of a topic:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.0/langspec/body.html

The "contains" part gives a good idea of the tags that can be managed. Of
course the complete dita spec contains much more tags.

Macros are a good idea but maybe problem is that (as far as I remember) you
cannot annotate the content of a macro (can you ?).
Well, I believe I'd need to think about it.