On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 5:41 PM, Craig Wright <crw+xw...@crw.xyz> wrote:

> Hi Caty,
>
> I am a fan of “B”.
>
> I like the idea of putting the changelog and autosave options above on a
> preceding row. I would argue that for most users, their eyes only see the
> leftmost buttons as the functionally useful area. Thus putting Cancel on
> the far right effectively “hides” the button.

Yes, the most visible buttons are the ones on the left side and that's the
purpose. We need people to see the Save button :)
Now, 'summary' functionality is not mandatory when editing and can also be
disabled from Administration - Editing.
Having it on a separate line is not an option since we initial idea of the
thread is to provide a fixed bottom bar, when the viewport is small. So
there are all on a single bar in order to be compact.

> For the purposes of mobile, I think it is acceptable to hide the changelog
> and autosave options on small-screen resolutions. (Such as when I am
> editing from iPhone, I am highly unlikely to leave a changelog message
> anyway.)

I haven't iterated much on the mobile version, but the mockup I have is
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/IdeaVisibleSave/mobile.png
It can be improved, and as you said we could decide that on mobile we can
hide some functionality, but again hard to have stats to justify what is
used/needed or not.

Thanks,
Caty