From: John M. Steele <jmsteele9...@sbcglobal.net>
To: U.S.. Metric Association <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 8:35:16 PM
Subject: [USMA:43749] Re: USC units spread to the UK - and no-one notices!

It might make an interesting defense if anyone were charged with metric-only
labeling.  I'm not sure either the charge or the defense has ever occurred.

On the fill, I believe milk falls under FPLA and no one has located a law that
says it doesn't.  FPLA clearly states it trumps state law.  All the milk I see
in my supermarket is dual labeled; either unit may be foirst and may be the
round unit.

--- On Fri, 3/13/09, Jeremiah MacGregor <jeremiahmacgre...@rocketmail.com>