Are you sure about that? Can you cite a law?

I can't see an exception for milk in the FPLA, and sectio 1461 seems to be
pretty clear that it supercedes state law, requiring less or different
information..

I believe it must be dual labelled and could be sold in either a round
Customary or metric quantity.  Specifically, I believe a 4 L fill would be
legal, but it would also have to be properly labeled in Customary.