To be honest, I think it would be substantially easier for companies who favor
metric-only (like Proctor & Gamble) to take a public stand and lobby for it.
The main reason FMI can get support is that companies like P&G refuse to
advocate for metric-only.

Perhaps a foreign company or trade group could or a foreign government could
appeal to WTO.  However, I think that is unlikely.  It could also backfire if
the public is not prepared for it.

The real problem is there is no leader who has standing on the issue of
metric-only.

--- On Fri, 3/13/09, Jeremiah MacGregor <jeremiahmacgre...@rocketmail.com>