Also - a giveaway is on some passenger planes.  Those which have that handy
information screen in the screen in front of your seat.  One of the info
screens is altitude and it does tend to confuse people when altitude is quoted
as far from '0' !!  :-)

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/