Hey EJ,

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 6:27 AM, EJ Kreinar <ejkrei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> There's a supported method to include OOT repos that can build and include
> xilinx IP (or basically any other IP that you need, including HLS. I've yet
> to try it with sysgen blocks, but that would probably work too). Basically
> you can use uhd_image_builder.py or uhd_image_builder_gui.py to include a
> Makefile.inc from an OOT repo, rather than copying the text from the
> Makefile.srcs.
>
> See my repo here for a minimal basic example: https://github.com/
> ejk43/rfnoc-ootexample
>
> There's also an open source FPGA polyphase channelizer OOT module that
> uses this approach: https://github.com/e33b1711/rfnoc-ppchan
>
> Good luck! Let me know if this helps

This is exactly what I was looking for.  Now, is there anything that
defines these magic variables used in the Makefile.inc?  Things like
OOT_DIR, LIB_IP_XCI_SRCS, TOOLS_DIR, etc?  There's a lot of magic going on
in those Makefiles and the environment in general it seems.

For now, though, this looks like it will work perfectly.

Thanks,
Brian