Sure, glad to help!

Most of magic variables come from the Makefile workflow in uhd-fpga
(suggest doing some greps in both uhd-fpga/usrp3/tools/make and
uhd-fpga/usrp3/top).

The OOT_DIR is a magic variable that's passed to the OOT directory, and it
lets the Makefiles resolve relative pathing issues. The
uhd_image_builder.py tools should wrap this correctly when generating FPGA
images. It's not exactly the cleanest interface, since it requires a ":="
operation in the OOT Makefile. I'm definitely open to other suggestions,
but it's worked well for me so far.

Hope to see your OOT FPGA blocks :D
EJ