On 08/09/2018 02:31 PM, Rob Kossler via USRP-users wrote:
> When I first started using MPM 3.13, I was pleased to see the fast
> initialization times compared to previous versions.  Now, after spending
> the better part of a couple of days troubleshooting issues, I am much
> less thrilled with this version.
>
> The two attachments show the resulting spectrum from an external Tx->Rx
> RF loopback experiment.  The only difference between the two figures is
> the change of MPM from 3.12 to 3.13. The baseband signal consists of 100
> equal amplitude tones equally spaced over 80% of the sampling freq
> (31.25e6, in my case).  Note that the 3.12 results are as expected.  The
> 3.13 results show energy over the full bandwidth and significant
> variations in tone magnitude.  I confirmed with a spectrum analyzer that
> the trouble was on the Tx side rather than Rx.
>
> I also experienced issues with streaming timeouts occurring on the 2nd
> time I issued a streaming command.  However, with all of the variations
> I have been going through while troubleshooting this issue, I cannot say
> for certain that this secondary issue is related to the MPM version.
> Presently, I am not seeing these streaming timeouts and I'm not sure of
> the exact conditions that caused them.

Rob,

as Michael West already mentioned, we're checking out these issues and
trying to reproduce. In the meantime, you could try running with
force_reinit=1 as a device arg to force clean-slate initialization (the
way we improved the init time was by skipping certain steps). It'll make
your init times slow again, of course.

-- M