Ian,

Very good, that’s encouraging at least.  Yes, I am familiar with using ISE
iMPACT to load the FPGA with .bit code and even how to create the .bit from the
associated .bin file and did try doing that earlier but perhaps not identically
to your prescribed steps below.  I’ll revisit it.  I successfully built UHD
003_009_000 earlier so I can probably also successfully build UHD 003_009_007
too.  I’ll do that and give it a go.  I am familiar with the documents you
mentioned.  Generally things have gone exactly as described right up until UHD
needs to communicate with the stored images at which point it never does; so
far anyway.

Thanks much for the additional information.  I’ll certainly hammer on it some
more now that I have a few more pertinent details under my belt to guide the
process appropriately.

Joe