On 05/09/2019 04:18 PM, Joe Martin via USRP-users wrote:
Nick, Ian,

If this unit happens to be incorrectly labeled as a rev 2 N210 and it is actually a rev 3 N210, is there hope in being able to load rev 3 firmware and fpga images (which I have located previously and tried actually) with some available UHD version? If so, would you be able to tell me which UHD version(s) might be able to communicate with it?

Joe

Theoretically, most versions in the last several years should be able to talk to it. In *general* UHD never drops support for older hardware, and tries to maintain compatibility. Now, it is the case that newer features are almost never "back-ported", but basic functionality should
  always be there.

What this *should* mean is that you should be able to use the firmware tools once the device is in "safe mode" to get yourself to where you want to be. If that doesn't work, that may well mean that the hardware is broken, and it's unlikely to be economical to repair.