Note that the N310's FPGA might actually be large enough to fit in (parts of) a GNSS receiver, especially if you remove the DUC chain of the TX path, in case you don't need that. RFNoC is Ettus' framework for extending the FPGA functionality, especially made for such use cases.

Note that even in RFNoC you get a stream of samples from the radio frontend, which you basically paid NI/Ettus for to design it for you, so that you don't have to worry about how to talk to the physical hardware and can care about signal processing :)

Cheers,
Marcus