Hi Oleg,

> Hello.
>
> Please see the attachment. Don't take this code seriously, this is
> the early prototype and everything should be rewritten. It barely
> uses utrace, only to stop the target.
>
>       (gdb) file /path/to/binary
>       (gdb) target extended-remote /proc/ugdb
>       (gdb) attach PID
>       (gdb) disassemble _start
>       (gdb) bt
>       (gdb) info registers
>       (gdb) info threads
>       (gdb) detach
>
> This seems to work, but I had to export access_process_vm().
>
> Currently it only attaches to the single thread. vCont or ^C doesn't
> work.
>
> I still can't understand what utrace_xxx_pid() buys us, and I still
> think that utrace_prepare_examine() can't protect the task even for
> regset calls.

When I had posted a prototype of a gdbstub which Frank and I had
worked on.  http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/11/30/173, Peter and Ingo
showed a preference for a combined gdbstub in kernel, i.e kgdb and the
newer stub should use only one stub in kernel. Do we have plans to
handle that?

--
Thanks and Regards
Srikar