> Please see the attachment. Don't take this code seriously, this is
> the early prototype and everything should be rewritten. It barely
> uses utrace, only to stop the target.

You've got to start somewhere!  Thanks, Oleg.
It's great to see this get underway.

> This seems to work, but I had to export access_process_vm().

Yeah, that's a known issue.  We can discuss how to either work around or
change it at some point, but it's just a distraction at the moment.

> I still can't understand what utrace_xxx_pid() buys us, and I still
> think that utrace_prepare_examine() can't protect the task even for
> regset calls.

Please start a separate thread here about each of those issues.  The
first one is fairly simple, but what that means in practice depends on
the resolution of the second question, which is a more complex subject.