> When I had posted a prototype of a gdbstub which Frank and I had
> worked on.  http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/11/30/173, Peter and Ingo
> showed a preference for a combined gdbstub in kernel, i.e kgdb and the
> newer stub should use only one stub in kernel. Do we have plans to
> handle that?

Their actual idea there largely represents a misunderstanding of the
problem space.  But regardless, it's a distraction from the prototype
work that Oleg is doing now.  The actual possibilities for code sharing
between kgdb and something at all like what we're doing now are quite
small.  It's just not a problem at all to get prototyping progress done
with a new implementation of the fairly trivial gdb remote protocol
decoder, and contemplate consolidation later on.