On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:26:13AM -0600, David Hilton wrote:

> Now what I want to know more about is video /editing/ - cinelerra has a
> trouble with avis (plus its interface is weird), while avidemux has serious
> limitations outside of adding effects, imo.

This is an area where there just isn't a good free application.  I am
hopeful about PiTiVi, which LWN did an article on a week or two ago:

http://lwn.net/Articles/336900/

However, I'm guessing that it will still be a while before PiTiVi is
really a contender.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/