On 04/15/2010 08:52 PM, Andrew McNabb wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 08:47:44PM -0500, Timothy Wood wrote:
>
>> I just have a couple questions.  How would I go about joining?
>>
> You've joined.  Welcome. :)
>
> If you want to vote, create an account at uug.byu.edu, but other than
> that, just join in on the mailing list and come to meetings.
>

>> How often do you meet?  What do you guys do as a club?
>>
> It's supposed to be twice a month, but Topher's a little behind right
> now. :)

Wait aren't we forgetting the initiation rites?

You must run throughout the Wilk in clothes laden with sequins arranged
from no less than 5 different distribution CDs (current or past versions
are acceptable), while alternately praising open source, and chanting in
binary.  You may substitute sitting/staffing a UUG club
promotion/install-fest booth for running through the Wilk, but the rest
is still mandatory.

or

You and a small group of friends must dress as ninjas and surround
Richard Stallman at a public conference of your choosing.  Assign one
ninja to record video of you challenging Richard to a "Free Software
Song" sing-off, and the resulting impromptu performance.  Give the
resulting content to Stuart Jansen to present at the next UUG meeting.

or

Install the distribution of your choice on the family computer.  Claim
the daemons made you do it.  Dualboot and prior backups are optional,
depending on your tolerance for mortal peril.  Write about  the
experience and post it to the UUG mailing list, and at least one other
general-public forum (The Daily Universe, KSL, SL Tribune, Time
Magazine, etc.)

or

Some other activity to prove your metal, and at least as entertaining as
the aforementioned.  Such activity must be approved in advance from the
club leadership.  Approval is of course, easier to obtain if you
volunteer for service in a club leadership position.

Depending on the circumstances surrounding your previous Ubuntu install
experience, you may have partially completed option 3.  Go getem' tiger!

We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.  It will be held
sometime in the near to distance future.  Unless it isn't.  In which
case it won't.  Be sure to bring your secret handshake and SSL decoder ring.

;-Daniel Fussell