On Thursday 22 April 2010 17:24:28 Jan L. Peterson wrote:
> I don't remember how many keys it had, but I first programmed a
> computer using a Teletype Model ASR-33 teleprinter, complete with paper
> tape punch and reader!  I still might have some paper tape program
> listings kicking around somewhere.

On my first day in Dr. Bob Capener's Unix class (at Weber State,)  the first
thing he told us was "I had jobs with punch-card computers.  One day I took a
tarot reading with those cards...."

"The next day 3 systems died."

What a great class, taught by a great guy.  And it was my first introduction
to one of many 'nix OSes!

(My vote is Debian 5, SourceMage, then SuSE in that order.  Never got the hang
of emacs, but love vi.)

After ReiserFS burned my data more times than anything this side of Ollie
North...I've played safe with ext3.  Love the discussion thread, thought.

--
Mike F.