Hi
I have a clarification

I have installed jenkins, enabled and started and status is showing as
running in my vagrant machine

I need to use Jenkins to automate my script and vagrant file to provision

Please find the attached script, and let me know why i am not able to use
commands like vagrant up and vagrant ssh .

Thanks & Regards,
Kathirvel G

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 9:57 PM sanub <sanubo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for your kind responses.
>
> On Sunday, 31 May 2020 23:33:12 UTC+1, Jim McGinness wrote:
>>
>> I've used josenk/vagrant-vmware-esxi with moderate success. There's an
>> obligate password interaction needed for a deploy that makes it more
>> awkward than some other providers, but it generally works the way it's
>> supposed to and I've tried it with something like a dozen different boxes
>> (Linux host, ESXI 6.7 target). Virtualbox is not designed for standalone
>> baremetal installation (so far as I know), so it's not a good comparison.
>>
>> If you want absolute highest performance, of course, you don't want any
>> layers of VM or hypervisor, but for ordinary work the performance losses
>> are usually small and acceptable. The strength of Vagrant is to be able to
>> do quick, repeatable installs of a particular VM environment and the
>> requirements on Vagrant boxes to work as Vagrant boxes mean a few
>> compromises on security and configuration. My understanding is that most
>> people use Vagrant as a way to bring up disposable test environments, not
>> as a way to deploy production machines (for which there are recommended,
>> better alternatives, such as Terraform, among others).
>>
>> (My server is much more modest than yours; it's a Dell R210-II with just
>> one quad processor and 16GB but as a home server, it works for my small
>> experiments and is quiet enough except when the fans go all out for a
>> minute or so every couple of months when a new cert is being deployed to
>> the iDRAC.)
>>
>>  -- jmcg
>>
> --
> list.