On Wednesday 28 April 2021 at 19:21:20, Norman Robins wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 10:18 AM Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > I can only continue to wonder why you don't run Vagrant on AWS, then, and
> > just skip all the virtual server stuff.
> >
> > https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/plugins/providers
>
> I guess I don't understand what this means. If I create an EC2
> instance at AWS and run vagrant up I get 'AMD-V is not available' When
> I asked them they said EC2 instances do not support running VMs.

Hm.

In that case, I'm sorry, but I can't help you further - I've never actually
run Vagrant on AWS - I was just aware that this documentation existed and
thought that it sounded like an ideal solution to your requirement.

Maybe someone else here who actually has done Vagrant on AWS can comment
further.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I wasn't sure about having a beard at first, but then it grew on me.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.