On Fri, 2016-09-02 at 00:05 +0000, Knapp, Rashawn L wrote:
> With many new platforms hitting the market which include  AVX-512
> instruction extensions, and as a valgrind user, I want to inquire
> about Valgrind’s development underway to support these instructions.
> I will appreciate any information available regarding this.

As far as I know nobody is currently working on AVX-512 instruction and
the new larger register support in valgrind. I don't even see a bug
report requesting it. If someone does have hardware that supports
AVX-512 it would be great if they could work on support for it. But
wikipedia claims there is not much hardware out there (yet?) that has
support for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVX-512#CPUs_with_AVX-512

Given your email address you might also want to ask people at Intel if
they think AVX-512 support for valgrind would be useful and whether they
could help with implementing support for it.

Thanks,

Mark